We are Jen Harris and Gillian Travis and we run The Baby Room.
The goal of The Baby Room is to provide an affordable venue for baby and parent groups and classes in Exeter.
We aim to support families in forming secure attachments and helping them bond with their babies.
We also have a strong “green” ethos and will show parents how they can reduce their impact on the environment and save money by using cloth nappies, breastfeeding and giving food waste education.
Jen HarrisExeter Babies
Gill TravisExeter Sling Library
We are always in need of donations.
As a CIC (Community Interest Company) we plough a lot of our funds back into the running of our venue so we can be there for you when you need us – for breastfeeding, nappy change area, hot drink, warm space and a chat when you need us….
Our rent, water and electricity are costs we try hard to meet with our room rentals – but it’s a pricey time out there and bills are high!
If you’d like to make a cash donation you can do that here, you can donate in increments of £5 or £10.
There are other things we need though and would always be grateful for…
- Refreshments – Tea, Coffee, milk, sugar (or cake if you fancy getting a bake on!)
- Consumables – Black bin bags, loo roll, disposable nappies and sacks for the baby change area.
- Preloved maternity and nursing clothes and bras – We sell these to help fund The Baby Room.
- Breast Pumps, Nipple Shields, Breast Shells etc
- Cloth Nappies, waterproof covers and accessories
- Slings and carriers – for the library or to sell.